"Bearspaw Christian School is powered by dedicated volunteers. We can't say thank you enough for your dedicated committment to making a difference in the lives of students at BCS. Volunteering is a great way for parents and grandparents to join with us, to influence this generation of students for Christ.
If there is anything we can do to help you engage with the school through volunteering opportunities - please let us know!"
- Volunteering Team
BCS does not have a mandatory volunteer program, however, we encourage each parent to prayerfully consider volunteering as a way of involving yourself in your child’s education and ensuring they receive the best possible educational experience by supporting the school and its programs. Parent volunteers provide a service the school would have difficulty functioning without. Volunteers compliment, assist and partner with Bearspaw Christian School's staff in virtually all aspects of BCS.
It is our goal at BCS to provide volunteer opportunities that match your gifting and talents include: gardening, photocopying, event planning, fundraising, classroom helpers and coaches. There are opportunities for daytime, evening and weekend involvement, and for every interest. We value this contribution greatly and strive to offer our volunteers a productive and rewarding experience which helps advance the school's mission.
Security Clearance Requirement
All parents, guardians and volunteers are required to complete a Criminal Record Check, a Child Welfare Check, and a Child Safety Form prior to volunteering in any area at the school. These forms are processed at the office and are valid for five years.
How does it work?
Bearspaw Christian School's Volunteer Coordinator will send out email notifications with specific volunteer requests throughout the year; this will be your opportunity to sign-up, be involved and support our school in Joining with the Family.
- Assistant - ticket sales, planning, advertising, decorating, hosting, setting-up, cleaning-up, registration, etc.
- Committee Member - attend after-hour's meetings, obtain corporate sponsors, prizes and participants, etc.
- Assistant - sort books, year-end clean-up including re-shelving books, inventory, washing book bags, etc.
- Assistant - photocopy, laminate, make booklets, etc.
- Assistant - greeters, assist with coffee stations and possibly oversee children's activities, etc.
- Assistant - provide food as scheduled by Coordinator, etc.
- Coach - lead sports team, train, practices, games, schedule, etc.
- Assistant Coach - assist Coach in all team activities, etc.
Classroom / Student Support
- Assistant - volunteer in the classroom (more information will be sent by your student's Room Parent)
Special Events (e.g. Fun Day / Sports Day / Concerts / Terry Fox Run / Samaritan's Purse Shoebox Campaign, etc.)
- Assistant - set-up, clean-up, registration, ticket sales, organize, promote event, etc.
- Assistant - organize students, fix hair / clothing, etc.
Contact Volunteer Coordinator
Want to get involved in volunteering / have a question? We'd love to hear from you!
Contact BCS' Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 403-295-2566 ext. 5753