When Does BCS Hire Teachers?
Bearspaw Christian School makes hiring decisions for its teaching staff each spring for the following academic year.
Q: Does BCS hire teachers outside of this time-frame?
A: Yes, from time to time BCS needs to hire teachers outside of the standard time-frame typically to cover leaves of absences.
Guest / Substitute Teacher Applications
If you are interested in becoming a guest / substitute teacher please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Cover Letter - Clearly identify that you are interested in guest / substitute teaching opportunities. Explain your interest in Bearspaw Christian School, and how you will help us achieve our important mission.
- Resume & References - Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vitae, showing all education and relevant certifications.
- Please note your resume must also include - A) List of References that can be contacted B) Scanned Copy of Teaching Certificate (for teaching staff)
- Statement of Faith - In 500 words or less, tell us about your relationship with Jesus. Tell us what difference He is making in your life today, and how that is encouraging you to serve others.
Applicants that are contacted about possible opportunities will be invited to a phone interview.
Successful Applicants will be asked to come into the school to provide the following documents;
- Original Police Information Check
- Alberta Health Care Card
- Driver's License
- Social Insurance Card
- Direct Deposit Information - i.e. Bank Information or VOID Cheque
When you come in we will provide a package of information for you to complete at the office, it should take 15-20 minutes to complete;
- Youth Intervention Check
- Staff Emergency Contact Form
- TD1 Forms
- Policies (Vision & Mission, Statement of Faith, Staff Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement etc.)
Once we receive the following you will receive a Letter of Offer and will be added to our guest / substitute teacher roster and will be contacted as needed;
- Approved Youth Intervention Check
- All of the above documents
Contact Human Resources
Do you have questions about employment opportunities at Bearspaw Christian School? Please contact;
Human Resources Team