Who Is Bearspaw Christian School?
Bearspaw Christian School (BCS) is a Non-Denominational, Private Christian School for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. As a leader in Christian Education in Canada, Bearspaw Christian School is proud to be a top choice for Christian Families in Alberta for 10 Years Running! BCS has a rich history of over 30 years of experience developing Personal Academic Excellence and Christ-like Character in each student. A fast growing student body of over 730 Students allows BCS to offer one of the lowest private school tuition rates in Calgary.
BCS recognizes that the way formerly operated as a Christian School isn’t working anymore. The world is changing minute-by-minute, the shifting realities of families and students require the school to remain culturally and theologically relevant. BCS is listening to its families and is adapting to meet their needs by developing a fully-integrated discipleship-infused education. We recognize that just like teaching a basketball class once a week doesn’t make you a sports school… similarly teaching bible and having chapel once a week doesn’t make you a Christian School. We’re changing our approach by scheduling time into our school day to create moments for authentic faith to grow.
BCS is accredited by Alberta Education and is affiliated with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the Association of Independent Schools and Colleges in Alberta (AISCA), and the Independent Schools' Athletic Association (ISAA).
For more information about BCS, please call 403-295-2566 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Message From Head of School
Head of School
|Bearspaw Christian School is a leader in Christian Education in Canada. Recently ranked the Top Private Christian High-School in Alberta1, BCS is proud to be a top choice for Christian Families looking for a school that develops personal academic excellence and Christ-like character in each student. Bearspaw Christian School is leading the way in developing Canada's first fully integrated discipleship-infused education model. From math to physical education BCS is creating a culture that encourages the development of true Disciples of Christ!
With over 30 years of experience, Bearspaw Christian School has a fast-growing student body that allows us to offer one of the lowest private school tuition rates in Calgary. Come see the difference Discipleship-Infused Education makes at one of Alberta's Top Academic Schools!
1 Fraser Institute (2013) ‘Report Card on Alberta’s High Schools 2013’, CompareSchoolRankings.Org [online]. Available from: http://alberta.compareschoolrankings.org/pdfs/Fraser_Institute_Report_Ca....
Mission & Vision
"Teaching Minds... Reaching Hearts... Transforming our World"
"Joining with the Family to Realize Personal Academic Excellence and Christ-like Character in Each Student"
Teaching Minds: To impact the world, Christians need to earn the right to speak and be seen as credible, so we focus on "teaching minds."
Reaching Hearts: Reaching our academic potential is not enough, we must also be in a close personal relationship with Christ and so we focus on "reaching hearts."
Transforming Our World: Our reason for existence is "transforming our world for Christ." We will know that we are achieving this vision when every student, staff member and parent is better equipped each day to impact and influence the people around them for Christ. When children know they are loved, and are challenged to seek out their God-given gifting, they become empowered to be the best they can be.
Everything we do at BCS aligns to accomplish the three objectives outlined in our mission statement:
Joining With The Family: At BCS, we believe that equipping students to be actively "Transforming our World for Christ" is a shared responsibility between school and family. As a trusted partner, BCS is dedicated to fostering open and honest communication. We provide opportunities to be involved in the life and development of the school by supplying timely and accurate information on student progress in personal academic excellence and the development of Christ-like character.
Realize Personal Academic Excellence: At BCS, we believe each student has been uniquely wired by God and given a particular set and measure of gifts, talents and abilities. By teaching all subjects from a Christian worldview, with the Bible as the foundation, BCS inspires students to excel academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually to reach their personal God-given potential. Proverbs 22:6 says "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." The original Hebrew for this verse states "according to their natural God-given ability or tendency." At BCS, we believe that the presence of a Bible curriculum is not sufficient for a Christian school. We believe that a Christian Education is one in which the infallible truths of Scripture must be an aspect of all academic subjects taught.
Realize Christ-Like Character In Each Student: At BCS, we believe that realizing Christ-like character takes intentional effort and focus. Therefore, we spend considerable time in efforts designed to develop our collective walk with Christ to become good examples of His character. BCS has developed a strong chapel program, daily classroom devotions, and an extensive Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 missions program called Transformations to shape students into servants with a heart for service.
Statement Of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, who is infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three equal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, inspired and only authoritative, written Word of God.
- We believe God is the creator of heaven and earth, and upholds and directs all things according to His will and by His power.
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His pre-existence, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer; and to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- We believe that every believer should walk in obedience to God’s will as revealed in the Bible; through faith in prayer and in God’s promises, and above all, through love toward God and toward others.
- We believe that the church is the body of born-again believers in fellowship with Christ and with fellow believers.
- We believe in the resurrection of all people, the saints to everlasting joy and bliss, and the lost to judgment and eternal separation from God.
- We believe that it is God’s intent that each believer should maintain regular attendance at a Bible-believing, Christ-confessing Church.
We affirm our belief in and agreement with this Statement of Faith.